My Plan

HERE IS MY PLAN:
After doing much research over the years, some of it more recent, here is what I have finally settled on:

~Avoid processed foods whenever possible
~Avoid all oils except olive oil and coconut oil
~Allow real butter, whole milk, and whole milk dairy products (in moderation)
~Allow whole eggs
~Avoid all white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
~Allow all fruit
~Allow bread and pasta, but only the sprouted grain/spelt kind
~Allow brown rice (no white rice)
~Avoid white potatoes, allow sweet potatoes
~Allow all vegetables (starchy ones in moderation)
~No artificial sweeteners, use 100% all natural stevia instead

Goal weight: 145
Size I'd like to see myself in: Size 6

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Small victories

This morning I weighed and had lost the half pound back that I had gained, and then some for a total of a one pound loss yesterday! I finally broke the 177 mark and am now at 176.5. Yes! Hopefully by Monday I'll lose a little more.

I can't believe that I've gone over a week now with absolutely no ice cream or frozen yogurt. Someone call Guinness. This feels monumental for me. You might laugh, but you don't know how addicted to that stuff I was. I would have it more than once a day on a regular basis, and wouldn't just have a half a cup like what is recommended. To me that was a joke. I mean c'mon, half a cup? That's like four bites. I would never feel satisfied with that. I needed to have at least a cup, sometimes two, or I felt like I wasn't even eating ice cream. It will be interesting to see how it tastes to me once I have it again. Maybe it will taste so sweet that I will be able to only eat half a cup and be satisfied. I hope so, because I would like to still enjoy it as a treat now and then.

I bought some Ezekiel bread today when I went grocery shopping. I decided to get the 9-sprouted grain kind to try. I can't wait to try it and am really hoping that I like it. I think I'll try some for breakfast in the morning. Speaking of grocery shopping, I wanted to get some dried fruit or trail mix to have on hand for snacks, but for the life of me could not find any that didn't have sugar added! Talk about frustrating. So I decided just to get some mixed nuts, and will make my own trail mix using the raisins I already have at home (which I hope are still good).

I am really starting to notice a difference now in my energy level and the way I feel overall. I could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment