My Plan

HERE IS MY PLAN:
After doing much research over the years, some of it more recent, here is what I have finally settled on:

~Avoid processed foods whenever possible
~Avoid all oils except olive oil and coconut oil
~Allow real butter, whole milk, and whole milk dairy products (in moderation)
~Allow whole eggs
~Avoid all white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
~Allow all fruit
~Allow bread and pasta, but only the sprouted grain/spelt kind
~Allow brown rice (no white rice)
~Avoid white potatoes, allow sweet potatoes
~Allow all vegetables (starchy ones in moderation)
~No artificial sweeteners, use 100% all natural stevia instead

Goal weight: 145
Size I'd like to see myself in: Size 6

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Is this really a diet?

Last night when considering dinner, I stared at my nice clean kitchen and the thought of messing it up again was so unappealing that I decided to splurge and take my husband and daughter to dinner. How neat that I actually have my own money to do that with now, with my new work-at-home job. I feel so very blessed to have the opportunity to work for my brother using my skills and be able to do it from home, plus learn what he does so that one day I can own my own computer business and serve the area closer to where we live.

I ordered the jumbo wings, because they were not breaded, and chose the honey mustard sauce since the description said it was "mustard-based with just a touch of BBQ" which meant that it was probably lower in sugar. Instead of the regular fries that came with it, I ordered the sweet potato fries. Mmmmm it was all so good. In days past while losing weight, I would have assumed I had to order a salad, even if I wasn't in the mood for one. I admit, I did worry a little about the oil they might have used to fry the sweet potato in, and also the amount of sugar that was really in the wing sauce. I had even planned to do the Jillian 30-Day shred workout last night as a safety measure, but wound up not having time before it was too late. Much to my relief, the scale showed no gain this morning. Who says eating out while losing weight has to be boring? It didn't even feel like I was on a diet. It was a very satisfying meal.

I seem to be enjoying the Ezekiel bread more and more now. I don't know if it's because my taste buds have finally adjusted or what. Several years ago when I tired it, I didn't really like it, because it was so different from what I was used to with regular bread. But this time, I went without all bread for almost two weeks, and it must have been what made the difference in me being able to tolerate the Ezekiel bread more when I had it again. And now, I would even prefer it over regular bread. What is surprising is that my 4-year old daughter seems to really like it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment