My Plan

HERE IS MY PLAN:
After doing much research over the years, some of it more recent, here is what I have finally settled on:

~Avoid processed foods whenever possible
~Avoid all oils except olive oil and coconut oil
~Allow real butter, whole milk, and whole milk dairy products (in moderation)
~Allow whole eggs
~Avoid all white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
~Allow all fruit
~Allow bread and pasta, but only the sprouted grain/spelt kind
~Allow brown rice (no white rice)
~Avoid white potatoes, allow sweet potatoes
~Allow all vegetables (starchy ones in moderation)
~No artificial sweeteners, use 100% all natural stevia instead

Goal weight: 145
Size I'd like to see myself in: Size 6

Friday, April 15, 2011

The pain of change and a nice surprise

Yesterday I decided to take a little break and veer off my plan just slightly and enjoy some bread again, in the form of an English muffin with peanut butter at breakfast, an English muffin with tuna salad (tuna mixed with homemade lemon-garlic mayo with olives and mustard added) for lunch, and pizza with an ultra thin crust for dinner. I did pay for it, as I had gained a half pound back when I weighed today, but I plan to be super strict today to make up for it (plus today is running day). It's also possible that my sodium content was somewhat high yesterday so that could account for some of it. Either way, I'm hoping by being stricter today that I can lose that half pound back, maybe even plus some.

I also had an interesting experience yesterday when I wanted a snack while driving my daughter to the park. Since I haven't stocked up on healthy snacks yet (plan to do some of that today), I stopped by a convenience store, worried that I wouldn't be able to find something decent to snack on. What I really wanted was my usual protein  bar, but I didn't think I'd be able to find one without sugar or even low in sugar that didn't have artificial sweetener added, not to mention some of the other chemicals added. Sure enough, after reading through the ingredients on several of them, I threw the last one back down in disgust and went to look for a package of trail mix. I couldn't imagine trail mix being as satisfying to me as a protein bar; after all, I wouldn't get the chocolate or peanut butter I liked so much. Surprise, surprise, I found the trail mix quite satisfying, and I even  felt better after eating it! It gave me a lasting burst of energy that the protein bars had never given me.

In other news, I've decided to start logging my food again. My intention was to keep track of it all along, but I've dropped the ball on that and need to start back.

Yesterday's Food:
Breakfast - Whole wheat toasted English muffin with 1 Tbsp peanut butter, 1 cup whole milk
Lunch - Whole wheat toasted English muffin with tuna salad (Lemon-garlic mayo, olives, and mustard); protein shake made with 1 cup almond milk and 1 cup frozen berries.
Snack - 3/4 pkg of trail mix (mixed nuts, dried fruit, sunflower seeds, salt, and sunflower oil)
Dinner - Ultra thin crust supreme pizza, about 5 slices.
Late night snack - 2 scrambled eggs cooked in non-stick spray (was out of olive oil) and 1/2 Tbsp butter, with 1 slice low fat (2%) cheese (trying to use up the rest of the processed cheese).

Yesterday's Exercise: Running/walking up and down stairs (one flight of which involved carrying a five-year old in my arms), cleaning, and other tasks involved while babysitting four young children for about four hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment