My Plan

HERE IS MY PLAN:
After doing much research over the years, some of it more recent, here is what I have finally settled on:

~Avoid processed foods whenever possible
~Avoid all oils except olive oil and coconut oil
~Allow real butter, whole milk, and whole milk dairy products (in moderation)
~Allow whole eggs
~Avoid all white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
~Allow all fruit
~Allow bread and pasta, but only the sprouted grain/spelt kind
~Allow brown rice (no white rice)
~Avoid white potatoes, allow sweet potatoes
~Allow all vegetables (starchy ones in moderation)
~No artificial sweeteners, use 100% all natural stevia instead

Goal weight: 145
Size I'd like to see myself in: Size 6

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

It really is about the right kind of bread

Monday was my "official" weigh-in day and was the 2-week mark. I showed another half pound loss, making my total loss 5 lbs. for 2 weeks! Until today that is. This morning I weighed in again (after debating whether I should continue the daily weigh-ins) and couldn't believe my eyes. 175! Another 1 lb. loss! All this after adding bread back in, which I admit I was worried about, but apparently it really is about the right kind of bread, the sprouted grain kind (i.e., Ezekiel 4:9 bread), which I refer to in a previous entry: "Fine-tuning my plan." So my gut feeling was right then, that it's not the bread that's bad, but the type of bread.


Sunday I even cheated a little, and on my rest day no less, so I thought for sure I would show a gain Monday morning instead of a half pound loss. I was amazed. We went to a matinee movie, and I had popcorn with butter, though we did share a size small (if you can call it that) among the three of us. We also shared a small Coke (again, small being relative, since movie theater vendors don't do anything "small"). I can't even begin to tell you how good that Coke tasted to me. It had been so long since I had been able to enjoy anything like that (by personal choice), and it was such a nice treat. I look forward to the next time.

Yesterday I did Workout 3 of Week 3 of the Couch to 5K program, and this time decided to go by the total time on my stopwatch (not stopping to reset it for each interval, but letting the stopwatch continue to run as I did the 90-second running/2-minute walking intervals for a total of 10 minutes before turning around and heading back, since I was supposed to be doing it for a total of 20 minutes) and realized I had not been doing enough running intervals up to that point for Week 3. It was much tougher to do it the "right" way, I was breathing so hard by the last running interval that my daughter turned all the way around in the stroller and stared at me, wondering if I was okay. But it's just as well that I built up to it more gradually. It just means I'll need to stay with Week 3 a little bit longer, until I feel ready to progress.

I have fallen behind again on keeping track of my food, which I hope to correct starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment