My Plan

HERE IS MY PLAN:
After doing much research over the years, some of it more recent, here is what I have finally settled on:

~Avoid processed foods whenever possible
~Avoid all oils except olive oil and coconut oil
~Allow real butter, whole milk, and whole milk dairy products (in moderation)
~Allow whole eggs
~Avoid all white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
~Allow all fruit
~Allow bread and pasta, but only the sprouted grain/spelt kind
~Allow brown rice (no white rice)
~Avoid white potatoes, allow sweet potatoes
~Allow all vegetables (starchy ones in moderation)
~No artificial sweeteners, use 100% all natural stevia instead

Goal weight: 145
Size I'd like to see myself in: Size 6

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Learning how to be okay with feeling hungry late at night

Slowly but surely, I'm learning how to live with late night hunger (I'm usually up late) and that it's okay to feel hungry. I don't have to eat just because I'm hungry. It's only natural to be hungry late at night, since during the day we eat every 2-6 hours. But our stomachs and intestines also need to rest at night, it's part of winding down for a good night's sleep. So I am learning how to feel hungry, and be okay with it, and drink a glass of water, which usually helps.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that's the hardest part. I read a Yoga article about not eating 2-4 hours prior to heading to be for the exact same reason you state. Let your digestive system rest.

    ReplyDelete