My Plan

HERE IS MY PLAN:
After doing much research over the years, some of it more recent, here is what I have finally settled on:

~Avoid processed foods whenever possible
~Avoid all oils except olive oil and coconut oil
~Allow real butter, whole milk, and whole milk dairy products (in moderation)
~Allow whole eggs
~Avoid all white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
~Allow all fruit
~Allow bread and pasta, but only the sprouted grain/spelt kind
~Allow brown rice (no white rice)
~Avoid white potatoes, allow sweet potatoes
~Allow all vegetables (starchy ones in moderation)
~No artificial sweeteners, use 100% all natural stevia instead

Goal weight: 145
Size I'd like to see myself in: Size 6

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Making Progress

I lost a pound back today! I breathed a big sigh of relief to see that pound back off in only two days. Nixing all sweets must have really helped. I was very careful not to go too high on the carbs, too.Tomorrow will be one week so I'm hoping for even just a half pound more loss, but even if I have no more loss, I will be happy with the 4-lb. loss for the week.

I had planned to do the Jillian workout again yesterday, but I was just too tired. I could tell my muscles were fatigued, so I decided to rest. Same goes for today. But I did get 'some' exercise in both days, so that was good. Tomorrow I will start back with either the Jillian workout or running. I bought a digital stopwatch yesterday and can't wait to use it!

I was right about the high sugar content in the frappaccino causing more cravings, because yesterday and today I avoided all sweets and had little to no cravings. Today we went out to eat for lunch and I did well. We ordered the chips and spinach & artichoke dip for an appetizer and I ate just the dip, which was very good and had very little carbs. For my main entree, I ordered the Bourbon Street Shrimp & Chicken, and ordered broccoli to replace the potatoes it came with. Then we went to a family birthday party, and I was worried at first when I didn't see anything low carb to eat, but then they brought in the pizza! That was perfect, because I could eat just the toppings and not the crust, then give the crust to my daughter, who loves to eat it that way. I have to say, I never realized just how must crust is on the pizza you order from one of the popular pizza places, until I had to eat off all the toppings. As for the cake, I decided that I would allow myself one miniature cupcake (they had both regular size and miniature ones), but when I took a bite of it, it was so sweet to me that I couldn't even eat it! Back at home, I had some hot dogs and when I tried to put them on a low-carb tortilla wrap, the tortilla tasted like paper, so I took the hot dogs back out and ate them alone with mayonnaise and mustard only (with some olives on the side). I'm not sure why the tortilla didn't taste good to me, but I seriously could not eat it. Then I topped it off with a Mock Chocolate Milkshake (protein shake), and for a late snack I had 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (made with whole milk), and ten grapes. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment