My Plan

HERE IS MY PLAN:
After doing much research over the years, some of it more recent, here is what I have finally settled on:

~Avoid processed foods whenever possible
~Avoid all oils except olive oil and coconut oil
~Allow real butter, whole milk, and whole milk dairy products (in moderation)
~Allow whole eggs
~Avoid all white sugar and high fructose corn syrup
~Allow all fruit
~Allow bread and pasta, but only the sprouted grain/spelt kind
~Allow brown rice (no white rice)
~Avoid white potatoes, allow sweet potatoes
~Allow all vegetables (starchy ones in moderation)
~No artificial sweeteners, use 100% all natural stevia instead

Goal weight: 145
Size I'd like to see myself in: Size 6

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fruit never tasted so sweet

The PMS has begun, with cravings for something sweet and increased hunger, which start for me a few days before my period is due, and I'm being put to my first test. Tonight I surprised myself when I decided not to go down to the store to buy the ultra thin crust pizza I originally intended to buy for dinner and opted to stay home and eat something within my diet guidelines instead. After dinner, I was craving something sweet, so I had a tangerine, then a bit later, a few chunks of pineapple. The fruit tasted so sweet to me, whereas in times past, it was usually mediocre at best. I'm convinced it's because I rarely eat sugar or high-fructose corn syrup now, so fruit tastes sweeter than normal. Then I wanted something salty and still felt like I needed a little more food, so I opted for some mixed nuts. I fear I may have eaten too many, though. It was hard to stop, not sure why, as mixed nuts are not usually a food I have trouble putting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment